« The Global Samsung Unsustainability Report | IPEN ». https://ipen.org/news/global-samsung-unsustainability-report.
The global Samsung unsustainability report
(extracts from the article)
"Investigative news reporters at Korean media outlet, Hankyoreh, visited nine cities in India, Indonesia, and Vietnam and surveyed more than 120 workers at mobile phone factories over a 70-day period to develop an investigative series they call, “Global Samsung: A report on unsustainable labor practices.” The series asks questions about the life and work of company workers in Asian countries that host its major bases of production. The series assesses Samsung Electronics’ sustainability as a top-tier global company and describes its results as “unpleasant truths.”"
- Report Part 1: Worked to death at the ripe age of 22 (http://english.hani.co.kr/arti/english_edition/e_international/898949.html)
- Report Part 2: Samsung violations gone global (http://english.hani.co.kr/arti/english_edition/e_international/898950.html)
- Report Part 3: Curses, verbal abuse and impossible quotas (http://english.hani.co.kr/arti/english_edition/e_international/899091.html)
- Report Part 4: Samsung's systematic dismantlement of its first overseas labor union (http://english.hani.co.kr/arti/english_edition/e_international/899283.html)
- Report Part 5: Samsung has come under fire worldwide for its union-busting tactics (http://english.hani.co.kr/arti/english_edition/e_international/899427.html)
- Report Part 6: Samsung's collusion with local police to suppress labor union activitists (http://english.hani.co.kr/arti/english_edition/e_international/899620.html)